Educational Resources Sponsored by
MISSION:Red Event Sponsored by
Heart Health Screenings 7:30-9:00am
Educational Sessions 9:00am-12:00pm
Basic Heart Age Screenings
Provided by Piedmont Medical Center
• Available to women and men, 18 years of age and older
• Includes Full Lipid Profile (cholesterol check), Blood Pressure Check, Blood Glucose Check, BMI (Body Mass Index) and review of Risk Factors
• Participants will receive risk assessment on-site; the Heart Age will be sent (typically) within two weeks
Limited to 25 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration required.
FASTING IS REQUIRED
Advance Screening with 12-Lead EKG and Review by Board-Certified Cardiologist
Provided by Carolina Cardiology Associates
• Available to women and men, 40 years of age and older, who meet the following requirements:
- You have not had an EKG in the past 12 months
- You are not currently under the care of a cardiologist
Please note that the Basic Heart Age Screening is required as a prerequisite for the Advance Screening.
Limited to 12 participants on a first-come, first served basis. Registration is required.
Educational Session 1:
Speaker: Dr. Sushil Singhi, Carolina Cardiology Associates
Understanding Sleep Apnea
This often under diagnosed disorder can ultimately result in high blood pressure, stroke, heart failure, heart attacks and diabetes if left untreated. Find out if you're at risk and about available treatment options.
Educational Session 2:
Deb King, RN, Piedmont Medical Center
VP/Co-Founder of The Heart2HeartFoundation
Some of the protocols for hands-only CPR have been recently updated. This session will help make sure you know the latest information.
Educational Session 3:
Dr. Arun Kundra, Carolina Cardiology Associates
Learn the facts about Atrial Fibrillation, when to seek help and how you can prevent a stroke through proper care.
Door prizes including a Gift Certificate for a free facial or massage from Pure Escape Resort!
SEATING LIMITED TO 120 guests.
Screening Registration opens at 7:00am
ALL APPOINTMENT TIMES HAVE BEEN FILLED
Event only registration opens at 8:00am
Please note that in cases of medical emergencies, speakers and/or topics could be changed without notice. Comparable substitutions will be made based on availability.